Monday, December 15, 2014

NYC Motorcycle Show


Every year, there's a motorcycle show in Manhattan at the huge Javits Convention Center. I go each year and have fun. I see lots of friends, check out new bikes and mingle with my people.

This year was no exception.  I went in on Saturday and enjoyed myself.  There were some bikes I'm considering buying and seeing them in person helped me make up my mind. I've decided to get the new BWM S1000R, a rocket-ship on wheels. That's me sitting on one above.  They come in red.

The best part this year was getting the chance to talk with Superbike champion-racer Josh Hayes who was signing posters at the Yamaha pavilion.  He was alone when I recognized him so I had the opportunity to tell him how much I respect what he does.  Motorcycle racing is amazingly intense work, operating on the razor's edge of danger.  You can sense Josh's incredible physical strength which is a job-requirement.





 
 

 
 

14 comments:

  1. When it's a choice, always go with red! AND, I love those vintage style or real vintage Indian bikes. I can't ride one if I tried (too clumsy) but they are gorgeous to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! And how fun that you're getting that bike! I don't know much about motorcycles, but I know you look pretty great sitting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting the bike! It suits you AND I'm sure it'll be fun to ride. Have you given it a test drive yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I don't need to. I know how it works and feels.

      Delete
  4. Great new bike!! I LOVEEEEE your t-shirt!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool!!!! I love the red bike!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red all the way I hope, just be careful thought red makes you ride faster hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. That red bike is seriously sexy! It's so cool you were able to meet that one rider -- I couldn't imagine racing as a full time living. So scary!

    XxMO
    madame-ostrich.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to a horse show this weekend - so we both had fun and mingled with like-minded people!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would be in heaven right there with you! what a red hot beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, definitely looks like an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete