Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Motorcycle Problem

In the hot Summer, road materials get soft.  When you lean a 800-lb. motorcycle on its side and concentrate all that weight in a tiny area, it has great force.  Over a few hours, the kickstand can sink into the surface.  If it sinks too much, the motorcycle will topple over and its rider will return to a scene of horror. 

To prevent this, many riders put metal plates under the kickstands; they distribute the weight over a wider surface and prevent sinking.  Recently I was having this problem with my BMW K1200LT in my office's parking-lot so I looked for something to do the trick.  I found this...


19 comments:

  1. Love it, you find the most random things to do the job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's perfect! Quirky: you're doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so loud when I saw this I scared the dog :) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You killed Kermie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    Ahaha, that's well funny! What a good solution you found!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Kermit! That is just too funny. But it is much cuter than a flat piece of metal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a genius idea and it looks adorable too.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is equal parts hilarious and horrifying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This actually made me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ally, I don't know if we can be friends anymore, Kermit is my favorite and you KILLED HIM!!!!

    I'm teasing - I do actually think this is rather humorous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't kill him, Beth. He was lying there when I arrived...

      Delete
  11. LMAO!!! That's brilliant...I love it.


    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no! your frog croaked!...am I really the only one who thought that?

    ReplyDelete