Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Things I Can't Do
I'm an educated, strong person but there are many things I can't do. Just can't.
Here are some of them:
1. I can't spell hors d'oeuvres. I have to look it up. Every single time.
2. I can't kill a bug. My love for animals and all life stops me from squashing them. When I find an ant or a moth or a leopard in my house, I get a paper cup, scoop up the little critter and then release him into the wild of my backyard.
3. I can't go to topless bars. They depress me so badly. My empathy for the women who work there becomes overpowering. Seeing how rude and crude men behave toward them (e.g., groping; filthy talk) makes me physically sick.
4. I can't watch a movie about a mother dying without sobbing like a baby. "Bright Lights, Big City" with Michael J. Fox brings me to tears quicker than a light-switch. Ditto with "Terms Of Endearment."
5. I can't stop trying to do the things I believe in, even when obstacles are insurmountable. I just can't face reality and give up. I've been called "dogged", which is true.
What can't you do?