Friday, February 23, 2024

New Ice Cream

My favorite ice cream comes from Jeni's, a small company in Columbus, Ohio. They make amazingly innovative flavors. I was introduced to Jeni's by my friend Emma who lives in that city.


You may recall a while back I reported on Jeni's Everything Bagel ice cream which has scrumptious flecks of garlic and onion. Surprisingly delicious.


As a treat I just bought a five-flavor sampler and am tasting new flavors. The best is "Maple Soaked Pancakes" which contains actual fluffy pancakes in salted butter and maple syrup creams. Yumm! This concoction recently won a SOFI award for Best New Flavor and deserves the honor. 


You can try a bite if you come by my place. Oops... too late. :)


Link: Maple Soaked Pancakes | Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams (jenis.com) 

9 comments:

  1. Maple Soaked Pancakes sounds absolutely delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I've had mixed luck with Jeni's. I really liked the ice cream in their scoop shops but maybe my grocery stores don't stock the good stuff. I loved their eggnog ice cream. I haven't tried anything as ambitious as the everything bagel but I totally would.

    I need to make a run by a Walmart when I can actually get iec cream. They carry a brand Van Leeuwen that has some unique options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've tried Van Leeuwen (carried in our local supermarket). Nice quality, fun flavors.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that sounds so good! I really need to try Jeni's. I get so distracted by several local ice cream companies though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no favorite brand, but I am hooked on ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Jeni's! Small company, good products.

      Delete
  5. We have SO many flavor combos out here that I will never be able to get to them all. All local places too. The most popular being Salt & Straw.
    I have tried and like Jenni's too.

    ReplyDelete