Last May, at the beginning of Summer, I declared an intention to return to photography. I hadn't taken a picture in three years (since my eyesight went south).
I admitted apprehension because my one attempt to take photos after vision loss was a disaster. My eyesight is really, really bad. But... as we bikers say, it's the journey, not the destination. Since childhood I've loved photography, especially with film. I want to re-claim that joy even if the results are poor. After all I'm doing it just for myself: I'm not a professional artist or trying to sell anything. I can live with mediocre images as long as creating them is fun. And it is.
Over the Summer I took my vintage 1972 Kodak Instamatic 30, loaded it with 110-cartridge film and ventured out to the world. I believe I crafted a few photos worth sharing. I'll post them in about two weeks after the film negatives are developed and scanned. (I use the aptly-named "Old School Photo Lab" in New Hampshire.)

No comments:
Post a Comment