Friday, July 30, 2021

Weekend Hike


Led by my good friend Aimee (a quasi-Sherpa), we're gonna hike a mountain this weekend.

Aimee lives in Potsdam (so far north you can see Canada from her window) and I'm down south on Long Island. We're meeting in the Adirondacks, a large region of mountains in the northeast part of New York State. The area is full of mountains of varying height and difficulty. Being more familiar, Aimee will select the particular hill for our ascent. I'm requesting mountain lions, rustic cabins and views from "The Sound of Music." Hope my suburban background isn't showing...

There will, of course, be pictures. Probably of the summit, hopefully not of me falling off a cliff. :)

What are you doing this weekend?

11 comments:

  1. "The hills are alive...with the sound of...Ally falling off!"

    That sounds amazing, hiking in the Adirondacks!

    We're going to a birthday party for our friend Nick on Saturday. I'm wearing sequins! Ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please don't fall off a cliff lol

    We're in the midst of another heat dome so I'll probably be hitting up the farmers market early Saturday morning then attempt hide indoors the rest of the weekend.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, I hope you have a great time. I work all weekend, so I guess I hope someone brings a cute puppy in for me to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the sequel to this post so I know you made it up unscathed! Phew!
    I read about the Adirondacks in Winter in a children's book recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No scathing! I stared back at the mountain lion and he flinched. :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you had an amazing time and great hike! How nice to have friends you can go on these kinds of adventures with ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Activity friends are available to all of us; we only have to ask 'em. :)

      Delete
  6. What a breathtaking vista and stellar way to enjoy the warmth and vibrancy of summer, all in the company of a dear friend (which, IMO, always makes any outing that much sweeter and more enjoyable). Hope your hike was a fantastic one!

    Autumn Zenith �� Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete