Saturday, July 25, 2020

Mermaid Rock

Many years ago I met a wonderful friend named Darlene. She lives in Canada on beautiful Vancouver Island. I met, dined and shopped with Darlene during one of my recent visits there.

Like many of us, Darlene developed a hobby during the pandemic. She started painting rocks. Rocks! Her painting got better and better and now she's terrific. I was admiring her talent when she offered to send me a rock as a gift. Of course, we both agreed it should be a mermaid rock.

Here it is. It arrived with two other painted rocks and a gorgeous pair of vintage earrings. (You'll see them soon, too.)


P.S., Darlene also rides motorcycles! She's a woman of many talents. :-)

16 comments:

  1. That is BEAUTIFUL! I found a painted rock while going on a walk awhile back but it's nowhere near as beautiful as this mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dar! Wow, what a marvelous hidden talent! That is a gorgeous painting, and a treasure to be displayed for sure. Can't wait to see the other treats she sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally, I’m so glad you like them! It is a joy to make things for friends. I also hide them for people to find. I tend to make mermaids and keep them for myself. I have taken one out into the wild to hide and just couldn’t leave it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool hobby! I do like this mermaid she painted on a rock and gifted to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's gorgeous Ally, what a talented friend you have! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing! She's very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that's gorgeous! What a wonderful thing to do!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes her happy; it makes recipients happy. Everyone wins.

      Delete
  8. Oh I love it! So pretty and sparkly and the perfect gift for you!! She's really talented!

    ReplyDelete