Thursday, April 18, 2019

Re-Charge


I need to unplug for a while. To disengage from modern life and relax.

My Winter was consumed with anxiety over serious health issues and when I finally put them behind me, my return to work was full of agita. No surprise there; my job is always, inherently stressful.

I know what I need and made a plan to get it. I need the meditative calm offered by a long-distance motorcycle-ride and the peace of camping in the woods. Next week I'm sailing down to a remote area in Southern Pennsylvania. An empty campground in a PA State Park awaits my frenzied brain. I hope a few days wandering the wilderness will refresh me. Shivering a little at night will be a price I'm willing to pay.

13 comments:

  1. Apart from anxiety over health issues, I did have a pretty stressful year so far, so I totally get your need to get away from it all for some peace and quiet. I'd be perfectly willing to shiver at night too! Wishing you a safe trip and a relaxing few days to recharge your batteries! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like just the ticket, Ally! Good for you for consciously stepping back from "real life" and making room to take care of your mental and emotional health. Enjoy your trip and unplug from the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopeful you are able to recharge your batteries to full. Nature has a way of healing us that can't be found in the noise of a city.

    Suzanne
    http://www.suzannecarillo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long ride out sounds great. Having had a biker holiday many years ago, it felt so different to being inside a car. I hope the weather is kind to you on your trip. Don't forget your thermals! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel like riding a little further east, next Sunday is the Gathering of the Nortons near Washington Crossing Bridge. Is the best vintage motorcycle show in this area. Here is the event announcement:
    http://www.dvnr.org/gathering/2019_26th_flyer.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so tough when life hands you a hard season- but you know just what to do! Sending you all the good vibes. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that your health issues are somewhat resolved, or even better than that - completely resolved. But I do understand the anxiety that it causes. A camping trip sounds perfect. Mother nature has a way of putting life in perspective and the beauty of nature is so healing.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a plan Ally. I hope you find what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you managed to recharge your batteries dear Ally!!!

    ReplyDelete