Sunday, September 2, 2018

Scary Monster


I was walking into my local library when I spotted this scary dude. Taken aback, I then realized he's an art sculpture. Hmm...

In the library I checked out a DVD ("Black Panther"). The movie was better than I expected -- a coherent story with social relevance. I usually avoid superhero flicks (too many fights, too little artistry) and my expectations were low. The surprise was welcome. Have you seen the film? What'd ya think?

Are you enjoying the holiday weekend?



9 comments:

  1. OMG this is soooo scary!!! Kisses and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, I am always glad to hear from you <3

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's pretty cool! And I loved Black Panther. That was one of the best movies I saw this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cool sculpture! I liked "Black Panther" - not my favourite of the superhero movies (try "Thor: Ragnarok" - it's very funny), but up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scary guy,
    I did not see that film but I recently saw the new movie by Spike Lee . It was so well done and so utterly frightening. I recommend it highly!
    Happy mid week!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Black Panther, too- it was really good!
    And this sculpture would totally scare me at first, too!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. That scary guy is really awesome ... Lots of hard work went into that.

    I should have already seen Black Panther but unfortunately not. Will put it on the "To see List".

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAA! So cool. Reminds me of the stuffed gator (taxidermy) I saw in the French Quarter markets when I was there as a tween. We all egged one another on to put our hand in its mouth. I opted for buying some gator jerky instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm v scared of crocs!! He's quite cute though!

    ReplyDelete