Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Joy of Friendship


I had the most wonderful time this weekend! My friend Emma is visiting from Ohio and we had a blast together.

I've known Emma for almost a decade. She had a fashion blog and we followed each other. When she stopped blogging, I stayed in touch with her on Facebook. This Summer I traveled to her hometown of Columbus, OH and she decided to reciprocate with a solo trip to New York.

Emma has everything you want in a friend. She's smart, interesting and supportive. More than most people, Emma pays close attention. She's listened carefully to me and understands me unusually well. Plus Emma is a delight to hang out with; her charm is abundant. And, on top of all that, Emma has terrific talent at applying makeup; I hope she'll teach me some of her tricks.


Emma arrived on Saturday and we spent the weekend exploring fun offerings in my hometown. Saturday night we saw an entertaining magic show by a female magician whose big hair was an illusion in itself. Sunday we shopped at my favorite stores where Emma found a cute ring and edgy black booties. Today I brought her into Manhattan where we saw a fashion exhibition at MOMA and ate a delicious meal at Sarabeth's on the southern tip of Central Park.

Emma plans to spend the rest of the week exploring New York City in furtherance of a novel she's researching.

I've lived a long time so believe me when I say that friendship is the healthiest -- and most fun -- activity we can pursue. You get amply rewarded for effort in that direction so go out and  play with your friends!

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like loads of fun!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! I've had such an awesome time already. But oh my gosh, has it really been almost a decade?! Time flies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have had a good visit with Emma, I remember her blog and how the two of you connected way back when! I agree that friendship is the one of the best things we can do for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing friendship! You two seem so sweet!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm glad you two had a great visit! Friends are just the best!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! That's so awesome! It looks like you two had a wonderful time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Bette Midler sang:
    "But you got to have friends...the feeling's oh so strong,
    You got to have friends...to make the day last long"
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hear, hear! You're so right, Ally! Friendships are valuable and should be treasured! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful woman! Being a buckeye myself, I am predisposed to liking Ohio folks! THe MOMA exhibit and lunch at sarabeths sounds wonderful!
    Good friends are such a gift. Please wish her luck in her research and I hope she enjoys the process too.
    Have a good weeek Ally!
    ❤️❤️ Elle
    https://theellediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for meeting more bloggers! If only we all lived a little closer. Looks like a blast, Ally!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All sounds great!! Love the pic of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's SO heartwarming when you find a really good find- Emma sounds like a gem!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post <3 love this, Ally and your friend sounds like a wonderful person to keep in your life. You did some fun things while she was in town :)

    And I couldn’t agree more. Friendship is the best medicine for the soul, eh?

    Xoxo and happy Friday and almost Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to hear you are having good time! Wow, that's quite exciting that she's researching for a novel!
    And her lipstick is absolutely fantastic, I have to say!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Her big hair was an illusion in itself" hee hee!
    I adore Emma's pink hair and lipstick for one!
    So glad that you two got to meet up and had a great time. It's fabulous that you kept in touch even though she stopped blogging. That's true friendship. I miss so many bloggers who stopped writing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post.
    I think as we get older we appreciate true friends who are able to listen and understand. A supportive friendship is such a gift. Glad you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it wonderful the friendships and connections that can happen through blogging. How special that your friendship has continued beyond blogging.
    And hello again from this side of the pond. I've been out of the loop but I'm slowly re-connecting myself with the blogs I've missed whilst I've been away.

    https://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. How great that you two met through blogging, definitely one of the positive aspects of blogging and what a weekend sounds like you had an awesome time.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a good time. You have really gotten some traveling done in the past couple years

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping in to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving, my sweet friend <3 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! Sounds like an absolutely awesome visit ... Can't wait for the day that Wendy and I say "We are on our way!!" We can dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She sounds wonderful! You guys are lucky to have found each other.

    ❥ tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete