Saturday, January 21, 2017

Winter?


A warm, sunny day in January? Yes, please. It was beautiful today, reaching almost 60 degrees with bright sunlight.

After a pleasant lunch with an old friend, I rode east to explore new places. Bought some delicious exotic cheeses made from goat's milk (Cypress Grove Midnight Moon) and sheep's milk (Ossau Iraty). Also found some vintage jazz on vinyl records (Miles Davis; Chet Baker). Best of all, I divined an authentic belly-dancing outfit -- in blog purple! -- at deep discount. Because every woman needs a belly-dancing outfit. At least this one does.

How is your weekend going?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a gorgeous way to spend the day. I've been dog sitting for the past 10 days (lots of miserable rain!), but me and the pups enjoyed the sunshine and warmth.

    I head back home tomorrow morning. I'm missing my own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your adventure sounds yummy!!! I spend the day scrapbooking with my girls yesterday and today ... chores :( !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great adventure, it sounds fun. We're dealing with really bad cold weather here, can't wait for a sunny day...Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies - fashion and beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 60 degree day in January on Long Island is always a blessing. I am glad you may good use of it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you've been enjoying the warmer weather! Though it's kind of depressing with all the rain the past few days--is it weird that I want just a little bit of snow? Not much, but a dusting would be nice to remind me that it's winter :) Your cheeses sound delicious! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. 60 degrees in January...........climate change at its most subtle but i aint complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilee (Judy) GramithJanuary 27, 2017 at 11:09 PM

    What's not to love about a cheese quest? Sounds like you took advantage of a rare warm January day and found many sensory delights.
    Belly dancing oufits usually offer a good share of bling and chiming coinage. How fun!

    ReplyDelete