Sunday, July 19, 2026

"The Human Cosmos"

Books, like toys, can be fun or educational.

I just finished the most informative book I've read in decades: "The Human Cosmos: Civilization and the Stars" by noted British science writer Jo Marchant (2020). The book, an award-winner, addresses a half-dozen important subjects with a through-line that makes sense. The work deepened my understanding of these topics, including my central obsession: what is reality?

While not a typical "beach read," the beach would be an appropriate place to enjoy this book. Like a sentient grain of sand, you can ponder your place in the colossal cosmos.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it could be some hefty mind food!

    A beach sure would be nice. This summer heat has me a sweat puddle with zero brains and zero ambitions except to stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood. It's almost 100 degrees in New York so I can imagine the heat in Tennessee.

      Delete