Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Panic In Detroit!

That's the title of a terrific David Bowie song (appearing on the Aladdin Sane album, which was just re-issued on heavy vinyl).

In Detroit, Sara introduced me to The Heidelberg Project, an outdoor art exhibition that's been going on for thirty years. THIRTY years! Sara's the kind of cool cat -- a Party Cat! -- who knows about and frequents such an artsy place. The Project even has its own Wikipedia page (link above). I felt right at home there. Now I'm tempted to paint colored polka-dots on my house. Would you?

Plus, Sara just blogged about my visit with some great pictures. Go see! Her post is here.

7 comments:

  1. Why don't you paint polka dots? I mean I see no reason why not (except if you don't like which is definitely not the issue here). And don't forget to post it after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dots on the house! What an interesting place to visit.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dots are amaaaazing!!! So glad you had a cool time!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huntington? Your neighbors would probably kill you if you painted polkadots on your house. And I love that David Bowie song, I have all of his records and then some on vinal.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her blog is beautiful! Just stopped by and left a comment--she takes some amazing photographs! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to visit that neighborhood ever since I learned about it! On my last road trip, I was too much of a speed demon to stop (that day's leg was from Buffalo to north of Detroit). Someday though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe...it would depend a lot on the type of house and neighbourhood. I've certainly have zero qualms with tossing polka dots up on my walls inside.

    It's fantastic that you've been seeing and experiencing so many cool, art filled events (and locations) lately, Ally. Life is better when we're exposed to creativity.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete