Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Apologies




It takes a big man to apologize.  And I'm 6'0", so I qualify.

I've made some missteps lately.  To quell growing criticism, I've chosen to say I'm sorry.  Honestly, I'm not really sorry, but sometimes you've got to bite the bullet.  To keep the train from going off the tracks.  And get the ball back in bounds.  So, here goes...

- I apologize to Gracey for implying she isn't a giant and is actually a little person who's very skilled at Photoshop.

- I apologize to Sheila for saying Canada's bloggers dress like Artic (oops, Arctic) polar bears.

- I apologize to Sara for tweeting she's a hipster when, in fact, she's a dork.

- I apologize to Emma for spreading a rumor she climbs rock-walls to avoid being captured by the police when the truth is she just likes to climb rock-walls.

- I apologize to Daphne for imitating her outfits every chance I get.

- I apologize to Sarah for wanting so badly to be her girlfriend that I bombard her blog with comments.

- I apologize to Sharon for teasing her about living in New Jersey; those of us in New York can't help doing that.

- I apologize to Amber for admiring her hair so much I hired a guy to cut it off while she's sleeping.

- I apologize to Jessica for loving her vintage blog so much I get mushy when I talk about it.

- I apologize to Lisa for telling people that her cloche proves she's a time-traveler.

- I apologize to Jodi for constantly telling her how much I wish I was her.

- I apologize to Jen for bragging that her daughter Juni is the cutest girl in the world when she's really only in the top three.

- I apologize to Beth for raiding her fridge and drinking all the beer.

- I apologize to Meghan and Megan for calling the cops and accusing them of writing obscene stories.

- I apologize to Hollie for making her sound better than she really is when I talked about her clever boxing glove post.

- I apologize to Elle for applying makeup like a drunk sailor despite her daily efforts to help me improve.

- I apologize for Fuzzy for sending so much snail-mail.

- I apologize to Kathy for pestering her for a Margharita.

Do you forgive me??

30 comments:

  1. Oi, where's my apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do a second post; I thought of you but this post got too long. Sorry!

      Delete
  2. LOL you are too cute. I forgive you...but I don't know if my husband will if you drank all the beer! Kidding. I'd love to actually have a beer WITH you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this apologizing - you sound Canadian! And I apologize to fellow Canadians for perpetuating this stereotype. Ha. We aren't really sorry anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! Good one Melanie : )

      Oh..and sorry about that ; )

      Delete
    2. I can't forgive you! Sorry about that.

      Delete
  4. I actually enjoy that someone implies that I'm good at Photoshop. I'll totally take that! But, of course I forgive you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! I actually instinctively reached up and touched my hair, and then looked back at my bed. I think you and my cat are in cahoots. Such a clever post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I imagined you doing that -- and you did!

      Delete
  6. Love it, as long as you sleep better now that's all that matters right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly, you can "pester" me for a margarita any time. It's never pestering when it's coming from you. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's okay, we like the handcuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Giggles, can you be forgiven for the truth? Don't forget the riding crop, my dear Meghan! We're off to be NAUGHTY (J/K)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you have been busy! Sheila and I happen to be among the few Canadians who don't live in igloos. Most of the rest do.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I have a ride on your dog-sled?

      Delete
  11. LOL, you're hilarious! I was like, "WTF? Apologize? For what?" when you are really a sly devil who is driving blog traffic. ;-P Can't wait to get the gloves - got your email, sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe loved this! made my night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too funny. At first, I was like, whhhataat? You can totally be my girlfriend. Plus, comments are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arise and worry no more! Your apology is entirely accepted, dear Ally. :)

    What a fun, creative idea for a post. We need more shows of adoration from one blogger to some of their favourite peers like this.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are one amazing human being sweet Ally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know who those other two kids are, but she can take 'em!! She's deceptively strong for being so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL this was too funny to read! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. FORGIVEN!

    (even though I really am a time traveller. hehe)

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun post Ally .. you are the sweetest most cutest blogger about

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a flattering apology.
    Thank you.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete