Friday, December 27, 2013

Taking Stock

I rarely check my stats but was curious to learn that, over the past four years, I've created 1,000 posts.  One thousand!  Wow, that's a lot of writing and posing and photographing.

Blogging is such an integral part of my life that I don't even think of it as an activity; it's simply something I do.  I tell you when I've done something foolish; I show you my outfits, both tame and outrageous; I celebrate others who are making the blogosphere entertaining and educational.

Topics here range from fashion and beauty to music and motorcycles.  I don't expect you to share my unique mix of passions, but hopefully some of what I post interests you and maybe being exposed to other subjects will broaden your horizon.  Few people, for example, know what Bitcoin is, but we all should -- it was the big financial news of the year.

This time of year is suited for reflection.  We have quiet moments to look back, see what's right and wrong in our lives, and make adjustments.  The New Year is full of possibilities.

What are you reflecting on right now??

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1000, darling!
    You look lovely!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!
    Wow, 1000 posts are truly impressive!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of posts! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 1000 posts and Happy New Year!

    The bitcoin thing keeps popping up on my radar - I think it is going to get interesting, but, like registering random domain names in the 90s, it's a gamble I’m not sure I can afford to take. :-)

    Personally I'm reflecting on why I keep reaching out to, and then flinching away from, the blogging community. And trying to figure out what I want to accomplish with my baby-blog in 2014. I draw a lot of inspiration from you, Melanie (Bag and Beret) and Sheila (Ephemera) on being bold online. I’m bold effortlessly in person, but not on the internet. I want to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this a new photo? The lighting looks soft and you look gorgeous! Necklace, pin, neckline, and lipstick, all come together in a flawless ensemble. I admire folks with the pulled-together look so much.

    Never been good at the NY Resolution thing. Feels like I always have the same goals and they stay with me day in and day out all year. I *have* been having a good laugh with my close friends about how 2014 cannot possibly be more stressful than 2013 was. Famous last words...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations! I enjoy reading your posts. (Must readjust the Bloglovin folder I have you in -- I keep missing them!)

    I see you're wearing shiny bits. Please link-up to SHINY week! You won't be sorry (wink wink nudge nudge).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 1000 posts- that's blogging under your fashionable belt, an accompli feat that's sweet, for sure. My reflections- is that I have to change my blog and blogging time/commitment. I've been blogging for over 5 years, and have run out of time and money to do it as a hobby. Been a bit of a bittersweet revelation for me, more bitter than sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo 1,000 posts nice one Ally :)

    And I love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reflecting on how to use my time. I want more time doing things with the hubs, in nature, and just nothing. That is a challenge that I cannot seem to win...
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute socks!!

    Congrats on 1k posts too. I would have had around that much if not for the massive photo hosting mishap on MMD.

    I'm personally reflecting on my body art. It's been my year long project and I think after my birthday, it'll mark a year of progress and I'll leave everything alone for awhile.

    ReplyDelete